Microseal Treatment: Protecting Your Furniture Fabric
You invest in good money into your furniture to create a comfortable and stylish living space. Whether it’s Comfy Couch, chair, or throw pillow, your furnishings make a statement about your taste and add warmth to your home. However, as much as you love your furniture, it can be challenging to keep it looking new and fresh, especially with kids, pets, and daily wear and tear. Fortunately, there is a solution to keep your furniture fabric looking its best – Microseal treatment.
What is Microseal?
Microseal is a type of fabric protection that creates an invisible barrier on the surface of your furniture. The barrier repels liquids, oils, and stains, making it easier to clean up spills and keep your furniture looking new. Microseal is a spray-on treatment that can be applied to a variety of fabrics, including cotton, polyester, and blends.
Why is Microseal Treatment Important for Furniture Fabric?
Furniture fabric can be vulnerable to spills, stains, and everyday wear and tear. Microseal treatment provides protection that helps to keep your furniture looking new, even with heavy use. Here are a few key benefits of Microseal treatment:
- Resists Stains: With Microseal treatment, liquids and oils bead up on the surface of the fabric, making it easier to clean up spills and prevent permanent stains.
- Protects Against Wear and Tear: Microseal helps to protect your furniture against the wear and tear of everyday use, including fading, fraying, and discoloration.
- Easy to Clean: With Microseal, spills and stains are easier to clean, which means you can keep your furniture looking its best with minimal effort.
- Environmentally Friendly: Microseal is a safe, non-toxic, and environmentally friendly solution for protecting your furniture fabric.
How Does Microseal Treatment Work?
Microseal treatment works by creating a barrier on the surface of the fabric. The barrier repels liquids, oils, and stains, making it easier to clean up spills and prevent permanent stains. The treatment is applied using a spray-on process, which covers the entire surface of the fabric. Once the treatment has been applied, it becomes an integral part of the fabric, providing long-lasting protection.
What to Expect with Microseal Treatment
Microseal treatment is a quick and easy process that can be completed in a matter of hours. Here’s what you can expect with Microseal treatment:
- Assessment: Before the treatment, a technician will assess your furniture fabric to determine if it is suitable for Microseal treatment. Some types of fabrics, such as silk or suede, are not recommended for Microseal treatment.
- Preparation: The technician will prepare your furniture for the treatment by vacuuming and cleaning it thoroughly. This helps to ensure that the Microseal treatment adheres evenly and provides maximum protection.
- Application: The Microseal treatment is applied using a spray-on process. The technician will carefully apply the solution to the entire surface of the fabric, taking care to avoid any drips or runs.
- Drying Time: Once the treatment has been applied, the fabric will need to dry completely. This usually takes a few hours, after which the furniture can be used as normal.
- Maintenance: To maintain the protection provided by Microseal, it is important to clean up spills and stains as soon as possible. The fabric can be cleaned using a damp cloth or a solution
Yes, You Can Have a White Couch
There are other options, rather than Microseal. At home stain guards are available at Amazon, most department stores, and fabric stores. Personally, we recommend Scotchgard. If you don't want to treat your couch yourself, ask a professional furniture cleaner or upholstery cleaner in your area if they can apply the stain guard for you.
If you would like to spot-clean your couch, we love Vectra Green Label Stain Protector. We’ve tested it out, and it stands up to even the toughest stains. Refer to our care guide for additional product recommendations and cleaning tips.
Don't let fear of stains keep you from buying a beautiful white fabric couch. With fabric protector, stain remover, and ongoing maintenance, your white fabric couch can stay looking good as new. Keeping your white couch clean doesn't require enormous effort; with proper care, you can protect your investment.
No matter how careful you are, your white fabric couch will eventually get dirty. Using the tips above will help you keep your couch looking great for many years to come. So, if you’re ready to begin the shopping process, head over to our Build Your Couch page.